Thursday, March 26, 2009

My impression of the Alchemist, Part 2

This image connects to the Alchemist because Santiago travels through a desert. The desert, in some ways, actually represents a time in life when we might not be able to actually see our dream realized, but we know it is ahead of us somewhere. Since deserts are vast and dry with sparse vegetation, the fact that Santiago crosses one to find his treasure means that we might have to cross a "desert-like" space in order to realize our dreams. I think "deserts" might look differently to different people. For instance, a desert to me might be a time of loneliness where I don't feel that I have many supportive people around me. But a desert time to another might be where they don't have the finances necessary to support them or a tight budget.

5 comments:

ANGElA'S Bl0G.<33. said...

I agree with you when you say that you might have to cross "desert-like" space to reach a dream you want to make happen. I also agree thar people have different thoughts of a desert. For me the desert is a real hot, sunny, water less place where no person could survive.

tEDDStER; said...

i super agreee with you because when he was in the desert he made the camel rider realize his destiny.

FR0M,
CAROlyN
FERNANDEzz™

tEDDStER; said...

i superr agreee becuase he make the camel driver realize his dream whn they are traveling threw the desert.

FR0M,
CAR0lyN
FERNANDEzzzz™

meow? said...

does this represent the dessert i but some eagles and pyramids and a tresure box

Hao said...

I agree with you that we all have to experience "desert-like" times in our life when the road to our dream seems to be unclear. Those times help build up our courage and determination. I think that as long as you have your determination toward achieving your dream, other things such as failure, hardship, and sacrifice will become unimportant.