Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Books, books, and more books...

Now, I am reading five books at once: The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin, Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger, The Disappearing Girl (all about teen girls who struggle with depression, non-fiction), Utopia by Thomas More, and I'm re-reading The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck to prepare for AcaDeca competition. Oh yeah, and I'm re-reading The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien with my seniors. I really need to get a life! That is my goal for the New Year, to reacquaint myself with the joy of simply being with people and enjoying the adventure. I can be a bit of a workaholic control-freak who seriously needs to take a chill pill. Aside from the latent OCD, I love to dance, eat food from different countries, laugh, and tell stories.

No comments: